Every year my family makes home-made, hand-rolled raviolis which I have enjoyed eating for (almost) 40 years! It was time for me to take part in the making of them!
I have been present for many of the ravioli ritual events, but, only as an observer. I have vivid memories of my grandmother and great-grandmother rolling out the dough on the large wooden board (the board seemed much larger when I was 6). This year my mom promised to teach me the process.
What surprised us all, was Cameron and Trevor's interest in taking part! They worked for four hours mixing the dough, rolling it out, spreading the filling, cutting the ravs, and GENTLY laying them onto sheets. We made 1105 raviolis today! A great family tradition continues!
Busy hands both young and old...
A Proud Nana and Nano!
FOR ALL THE PIC CLICK HERE




1 comment:
HOW COOl!! I had no idea how these were made! Your parents look so proud. I hope you brought a few home to share with the deprived neighbors (heheh) I just want to test one!
Post a Comment