
It has been 7 years since the tragic events of September 11th. As most people, I can remember where I was each moment of the day as I watched in horor. Rick called me on my way to work to tell me about the first plane hitting the tower. I listened on the car radio and then the school TV before school and at every break. I remember the feelings of fear, saddness, shock and absolute disbelief.
This morning, I watched the recorded Today show from 2001 which was played moment by moment at the same time of day. Both of my boys watched with me as I described to them how I felt at that exact time 7 years ago. Trevor pointed out to me that he was only two years old at the time. Although he has the knowledge of what happened, this actual occurance was not part of his memory. Shocking! Trevor asked so many questions, as he always does. Questions I still struggle with and I found difficult to answer.
This afternoon, I was glued to the TV, just as I was 7 years ago, watching reports, cermonies and memorials. I find myself still trying to find sense with such a senseless act. I am also questioning where we have been these past 7 years, as well as where we are headed. My heart continues to break for the families whose lives were forever changed and who continue to suffer from this tragedy.




1 comment:
I too remember everything about that day. That was my first year teaching. What a horrible tragedy. I remember they had the TV on in the lounge. Do you remember that?
Post a Comment